Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To Reclaim a Fortress.  (Read 530 times)

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
To Reclaim a Fortress.
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:15:26 pm »

Guys, I need help. What are some good tips for reclaiming a fort?

theres about 8-9 gobbos in there, and I've already ran about 5 reclaim parties into there, to no avail.

TEACH ME THE WAYS OF DWARVEN RECLAIMING. no, I don't have any magma or elephants or carp available. sorry v.v

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Reclaim a Fortress.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »

1 spend embark points on weapons and armor
2 embark
3 kill goblins
4 abandon
5 reclaim
6 ? ? ?
7 PROFIT!
LOSING IS FUN!

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Reclaim a Fortress.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »

My personal method would be to outfit a 7 dwarf military squad with the best gear possible, and not bring any supplies (or make one of them use a pick as their weapon). If they survive, they can use the reclaimed structures and dig a farm into the surface soil to support themselves until migrants arrive. You say you've already tried five times to reclaim it though, so I suspect you've attempted this method.

Alternatively, select four dwarves on embark that you want to survive, and give only them equipment and skills. The other three are to be put into individual squads immediately after embarking and ordered to separate locations as necessary to split up the goblins, while the four fighters cut them down.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.