Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with clay!  (Read 2036 times)

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with clay!
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »

How to work with clay? I have tons of clay laying on the Zones(dont call me cheater if I use 'raw clay' to build things,lol) and I have a kiln, but when everything except 'collet clay' is red and when I click on the red jobs, it just show the reagents/products.

'REAGENTS: FIRED_MAT-producing stones  PRODUCTS: FIRED_MAT <clay item> Takes place at Kiln or Magma Kiln    Requires fuel'

Is clay bugged, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for help. And sorry if its a obvious question.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:48:45 pm by Davichococat »

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with clay!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:43:49 pm »

Bump?  :(
...Help!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:56:48 pm »

Do you have charcoal or coke?  It needs fuel.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 08:27:58 pm »

well its not just the fuel. For some reason dwarves wont build things in the kiln from a stockpile. Just don't use stone stockpiles... I didnt know people still did tbh.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:16 pm »

I think there may be some more pitfalls.  I had a kiln fairly deep underground (since that's where my charcoal was...).  When I set up a clay zone up by the surface and collected some, the jobs didn't activate in the kiln.  Maybe it was too far away?  Maybe it needed to be kicked in the pants?  I don't know... but when I dumped the clay to a spot closer to the kiln and then unforbade it, the jobs became available.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:32:19 pm »

Was there any clay in any stockpiles at some point?  Stockpiles are causing some problems.