Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mead, how does it work?  (Read 806 times)

alficles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Mead, how does it work?
« on: February 20, 2011, 02:48:27 am »

Title is basically the long and the short of it. From reading and experimenting, I think I need a Jar with Honey in it and a "Non-absorbent" barrel. I have lots of honey jars and I have lots of barrels of all different kinds: metal, wood, large stonewear pots. However, the 'mead' option on my still is red. When I press 'm' to select it, I'm presented with the materials list.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. For those of you will full mead halls, what am I missing?

(Relatedly, has anybody figured out how to designate stockpiles for bee-related objects? I can't seem to find the jars and whatnot in the menus. Same with clay-related things.)

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mead, how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:18:30 am »

Mead seems to be bugged. I can't make it either.  :(

BCPowers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:41:23 am »

I think I read in another topic that jars and such are in finished goods. I personally haven't updated to the latest release yet.

alficles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 01:19:09 pm »

It appears from http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3983 that Toady thinks mead works. I'm hoping somebody who had mead working will tell me what they did to get it working...

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 01:21:30 pm »

I've heard it is the jugs that are bugged rather than the mead making process itself.
Memento Mori