Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bees  (Read 1851 times)

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bees
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 07:32:12 am »

Bee hives are in the craftdwarfs workshop, under <rock>, second from the bottom "Make rock Hive".  It requires 1 rock.  There is also an entry in the kiln for clay hives.  It takes 1 clay and 1 fuel (coke or charcoal).

Dwarfs cannot collect bumblebees, they do not have the [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE] tag.

Also, bees have a value of 2 EACH.  There are 10-20,000 bees in a hive.  Your fortress value will rise accordingly, so be prepared for ambushes, sieges, and large waves of immigrants if you build beehives.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

L3TUC3

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:common green]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 08:14:17 am »

I've got 6 hives set up, but I can't for the life of me seem to get the beekeeper to collect the jelly/honeycombs. Can anyone explain how this is done? I've got a few rock jugs available, or are those not dwarven enough?

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 08:17:11 am »

Are the hives set to "gather any products"?

L3TUC3

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:common green]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 08:20:57 am »

Yes, I've gone and set it to be gather-able, as opposed to save for splitting. I've already split a few, but now all are splittable.

Maybe I'm just not patient enough?

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 09:59:17 am »

You need Jugs to collect the honey

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 12:54:51 pm »

I also noticed my dwarves would not collect bumblebees even with 5 open hives, but hastily collected the 3 honeybee colonies on my map.
Would there be a point? bumblebees aren't precisely known for their glorious honey-producing prowess. That and the whole colony sort of dies every year...

...Maybe once bees can pollinate?
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 [2]