Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dealing with prisoners  (Read 517 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
dealing with prisoners
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:33:35 pm »

how to kill prisoners easily with my troops. currently i dont know how to get them out their cages(except linking to lever which im too lazy to do)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: dealing with prisoners
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:36:18 pm »

Other than linking to a lever, you could pit non-thieves into your barracks from above.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:22:12 pm »

Other than linking to a lever, you could pit non-thieves into your barracks from above.

Urist McSwordsman: "Whoa! Where did that troll come from!?!?"
Urist McPitterguy: "From up here!"
Urist McMaceman: "What did we ever do to you?"
Urist McPitterguy: "I don't know, it just felt like a good idea."
Urist McInnocentbystander: "Aagh! That troll that just busted out of the barracks tore my son in half!"
Urist McPitterguy: "Sorry, my mistake!"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 02:43:47 pm »

how to kill prisoners easily with my troops. currently i dont know how to get them out their cages(except linking to lever which im too lazy to do)

I like to build a pit a couple of z-levels below the barracks with the pit opening in the barracks. (So that any escaping-while-transported prisoners will run into soldiers first.) Then I build a staircase up from the barracks that leads to a (locked) door.

Throw prisoners in. If there aren't trolls, let them rot until I'm ready. If they are trolls, I have to be ready when I pit them. Put the squad on duty, unlock the door. Goblins come out, dwarves have a nice slaughter bout, happy thoughts all around.

Well, not for the goblins.