Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raising Bridge Bugged?  (Read 586 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Raising Bridge Bugged?
« on: February 18, 2011, 05:10:23 pm »

Will provide a screenie if need be. Made a raising bridge. Raised it. It disappeared. As in, like a retracted bridge. No wall. Dorfs walk out. Gobbos walk in. Fun ensues.

I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raising Bridge Bugged?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 05:23:28 pm »

Will provide a screenie if need be. Made a raising bridge. Raised it. It disappeared. As in, like a retracted bridge. No wall. Dorfs walk out. Gobbos walk in. Fun ensues.

This is the Sudden Acceleration Incident of DF. Bet you a million dorfbucks you built a retracting bridge.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »

I've done that a bunch of times. You probably just made a retracting bridge. Rebuild it.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 05:42:20 pm »

Rebuilt it twice, works now... I probably did build it as retractable, but... meh.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Marshall Burns

• Bay Watcher
  • American Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Wire Productions store
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 07:07:48 pm »

I've probably done this six or seven times. Finally I made a rule for myself to test the bridges at the first opportunity, rather than waiting for the goblins to show up.
By the way, I design table top RPGs and other games. You can buy some.