Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there an illegitimate way of fixing this bug in game?  (Read 1030 times)

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there an illegitimate way of fixing this bug in game?
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »

So it took me forever to realize this Olin Zuglar ghost dwarf was a bug. He is a ghost that has been at my fort for like 7 years and i never could find his name to engrave it but thats because its a bug.

There is no legitimate way of getting rid of this ghost (burying / slabs). Is there any way "cheat" to "remove" entities, such as this misplaced ghost, from my fort?
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an illegitimate way of fixing this bug in game?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:57:15 pm »

Are you saying you can't engrave a slab for him?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 01:24:59 pm »

Are you saying this dwarf does not exist in your fortress? Is he a historical figure? If so, did you embark where he died (this has some Fun implications)? Or is this dwarf still alive, and therefor a ghost should not even exist (also Fun).

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:17:07 pm »

This is a KNOWN bug. He NEVER existed. Not in legends, not anywhere.

I just really fucking hate ghosts and i hate dealing with them and i really would love if someone could point me to somewhere in the files i could change "GHOSTS_YES" to "GHOSTS_NO", or something like that.

Disregarding my BUGGED GHOST for a moment, I shouldn't have to build memorials to retarded little shits who trip and fall into a pond and drown themselves anyway. Those bastards don't deserve memorials but if i don't do it they come back and ruin my game by freezing it.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat