Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: .19 Questions  (Read 1099 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
.19 Questions
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:59:05 pm »

Hy all,
i have some questions about the new farming features (i like them so far, all hail the Toady One)
- Can animals born in a pasture zone automatically be assigned to that zone or we need manually assign them when they born?
   if not is it a bug, a to-be-feature or just works as intended?
   if yes, well how do we do it?
- Is there a way to make bigger zones than 31x31?
- Can nesting boxes be set to not collect eggs from? so i can have some population growth with birds? (similar to bee hives and their splitting)
And some others too (modding related):
- Does egg laying civ-entry need boxes to reproduce, or is it only for animals (or does that work with intelligent tag)?
- The bug from genderless castes marrying in an intelligent race other castes has been resolved (can we do the ant-men civ? :D )
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .19 Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:24:35 pm »

1 - We need to manually assign them.  It's not so much a bug as an oversight, I think, and I haven't seen Toady express any intention to change it but that doesn't mean anything.

2 - No clue if they can be bigger, sorry

3 - They cannot directly; you have to forbid the eggs in the nestbox before anyone grabs them.

4 - Egg-laying civ dudes to need boxes.

5 - I don't know what you mean, sorry :-/
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: .19 Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 01:31:27 am »

5 - I don't know what you mean, sorry :-/

i mean that if a creature has/had a genderless caste (like ants workers/soldiers) it could marry a gender having one(male/female) in game, and so make the reproduction less probable (as that marriage will result in no children)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime