Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Step into the !!cage of healing!!, weirdness with goblins.  (Read 965 times)

GL12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Step into the !!cage of healing!!, weirdness with goblins.
« on: February 16, 2011, 10:57:17 am »

I've got a fort here where my military is still training, so when I pit the goblins and they get away I just let them run and have the entrance traps nab them. This is all well and good, except I've noticed that the stonefall trap I have before the cage traps heavily wounds the goblin, and it goes into the cage trap.... but when a dwarf comes to pick it up to throw it in the pit again, the only injury it shows is "Pain:. Even though it had extremely severe injuries before. What's happening here?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:59:11 am by GL12 »

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Step into the !!cage of healing!!, weirdness with goblins.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 11:09:12 am »

Test if that cage has true healing powers by formulating a way to injure a dwarf and then getting him in a cage.

GL12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:41 am »

I'll get to work on that. Might be a good idea to give them some beds first though. I have a hospital planned/mined out, but... I'll get on it.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »

Regeneration isn't gradual, I believe it is checked on month or season change, in older versions that sometimes caused dwarves wounded in the very end of a period to just stand up and resume their business. Check if the same goblin can survive second test.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:00:18 pm »

I've seen goblins heal injuries while imprisoned, one of my early forts involved a medium drop onto an upright spike, the hallway out of the spike room was filled with cage traps.  I would routinely cage up and make a zoo out of any goblin who survived the fall.  After a few seasons they'd only have scars.