Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ... Livestreaming instructions?  (Read 784 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
... Livestreaming instructions?
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:48:38 pm »

I'd like to stream something before copyright law is rewritten to make it illegal--probably next week.

This means I need to work fast.  I have a DVD of the material in question.  What else is necessary?  Is there some topic I should be looking at instead of bothering you guys?

Thanks in advance.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: ... Livestreaming instructions?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 02:39:21 am »

Aside from a livestream channel and some streaming software, Procaster is the only one I know off the top of my head, I don't think you need all that much.

And because I may as well post 'em:
Livestream
The Livestream FAQ
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:41:18 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 02:44:06 am »

I use Livestream's Procaster for most things, and it's pretty easy to use. Just set up a free account, download the program, set up the capture settings as you want them, and either stream video from a desktop DVD player, or upload the video directly to your channel and cue it to play when you want to.

I can actually show you how to do it from my Livestream, if you'd like.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:45:05 am »

Well, I feel like a dumbass.  I didn't realize that Livestream was an actual website--I thought it was a process.

Thanks for the help.

PPE: Could I take you up on that in a few days' time?  I really have to go to bed, and I'll be needing to work pretty hard for the next few days.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 02:49:19 am »

Sure. If you'd like just let me know. It's actually pretty easy, but there are a few ways to improve the video and audio quality, especially if you're showing a movie.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 02:51:12 am »

Thanks so much.  I'll shoot you a PM a day before I think I'll be free.