Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games with good quests  (Read 2566 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Games with good quests
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 12:56:51 pm »

Kings bounty: The legend is fun for questing goodness.  :)  There is at least one quest leading to getting a zombie wife!
thats hot XD

edit: i just checked the requirements for The Legend and i cried, damnit not all of us got 2.6 Ghz (i got 2.3), is the game multithreaded?
Check the release date. Modern processors are generally faster then old processors with the same amount of GHz's (and GHz's are useless anyway, but nobody reports things in Mips or Flops). If your rig can run games from around the same date comfortably then you're probably good.
i can do tiberium fullscreen(1280x600) with 3 ai as long the nod doesn't nuke >.>

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 01:10:26 pm »

well yeah if you can't properly run tiberium sun, then I don't think you're going to get this to run.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 01:18:13 pm »

not exactly rpg's but Thief Gold, and Darkmod for doom (which is essentially a revamp of thief)
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 01:20:35 pm »

He probably means Tiberium Wars, rather than Tiberian Sun.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 02:17:18 pm »

oh shit sorry yea i meant Tiberium Wars.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 02:41:26 pm »

If he owned a computer that could barely run Tiberium Sun... I think that would qualify as an antique...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 04:01:48 pm »

Kings bounty: The legend is fun for questing goodness.  :)  There is at least one quest leading to getting a zombie wife!
thats hot XD

edit: i just checked the requirements for The Legend and i cried, damnit not all of us got 2.6 Ghz (i got 2.3), is the game multithreaded?
Check the release date. Modern processors are generally faster then old processors with the same amount of GHz's (and GHz's are useless anyway, but nobody reports things in Mips or Flops). If your rig can run games from around the same date comfortably then you're probably good.
i can do tiberium fullscreen(1280x600) with 3 ai as long the nod doesn't nuke >.>
It would depend on the graphics settings you run that on, but you've got a fair chance that your rig would have trouble with King's Bounty then.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 05:56:59 pm »

Maybe Torchlight would be up your alley? Its a fun dungeon crawler and there's a demo available.

http://www.torchlightgame.com/

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »

oh, the system requirements are nice, they even quoted using netbooks around the office to play it, sWEET!
Pages: 1 [2]