Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What ARE Forgotten Beasts?  (Read 1991 times)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What ARE Forgotten Beasts?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »

Stop reading my mind with witchcraft!

What should we read it with then?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 07:12:58 pm »

Nothing more than the name implies, chaotic (possibly magical) creatures that live so far under the surface none know of them. Horrible, lost things in the darkness of the Endless Caverns....

I also think that the Forgotten Beasts are actually more unique than we think they are. The given descriptions are just your dwarves attempting to give an idea of the unreal thing that they face.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 07:31:18 pm »

In my own personal little Dwarf Fortress mythology, the gods found a world inhabited by the creatures now called demons. Wanting that world for themselves, they fought the demons tooth and claw, until the demons had been pressed into the darkest depths of their world, and then sealed there. Many, however, joined the gods instead of being destroyed, and many more escaped before their prison was sealed. These are titans and forgotten beasts, respectively. This is the reason that demons and forgotten beasts are so hostile towards civilizations, as they are invaders in the beast's own world.
It also seems like this has become as much the thread for your own version of the Dwarf Fortress creation myth as the thread for forgotten beasts.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 07:32:59 pm »

They're one in the same.  You can't talk about the creation of such a thing without the creation of the world.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »

Forgotten beasts are &s that didn't make it to the circus in time and were trapped in the caverns.
Titans didn't even make it to the caverns, so they live on the surface.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 08:55:53 pm »

FB's are runty &'s who got ran away after highschool because they were picked on too much.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »

they are the things that sucked all the radiation out of my pitchblende. nub beasts taking all my toxic traps.
LOSING IS FUN!
Pages: 1 [2]