Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact Door  (Read 2762 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Artifact Door
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:00:42 pm »

I just realized I have an artifact door laying about.  Since artifacts don't take damage, can I put this in front of my gate to make myself building destroyer immune?  I have a statue too, will it stall them indefinitely?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact Door
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:02:44 pm »

In a word, "yes, but..." i lost a fortress to such a door when a moody dwarf let an F.b. in through a forbidden entrance
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:19 pm »

Actually, on thinking about it, I think it'll dismantle the door, but not destroy it.  So instead of a "XXMicrocline DoorXX" on the ground, you'd instead have "Artifact Door" on the ground.  Pretty much, just ripped from its hinges.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 11:21:48 pm »

The statue staller has potenrial, unless it is in the coding to ignore arti's for building destroyers. From toadys evil mind, i bet its coded in
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:13 am »

Last time I tried this it worked. In my case I had an artifact armor stand. I put the armor stand out in front of my main gate for everyone entering my fortress to admire. Also it had decorations of elves being slain and I thought it was an appropriate way to greet arriving caravans.

I got some sort of titan that attacked the fortress. It seemed to be completely fixated on the armor stand, always staying about 2 tiles away, basically staring it down. It was as if he was trying to destroy it but was never able to destroy it.

This lasted for about a year until a caravan came and the guards killed it. The armor stand was never harmed or even deconstructed.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 02:22:12 am »

I just realized I have an artifact door laying about.  Since artifacts don't take damage, can I put this in front of my gate to make myself building destroyer immune?

Sure! Whaddya think that glowy door on the outside of Moria was?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:27:39 am »

To embarrass magical old men in front of their friends.

anon_outlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 06:33:05 am »

DAM IT! i lost a fort a while back to a goblin raid. i have a artifact BONE DOOR. it was bad-ass but i just put it at my control room. i could have saved my fledgling fortress! *cries* and it was carved into a MOUNTAIN OF FLUX STONE!!!!!
Has anyone attempted to use a loyalty cascade to play a hermit fortress?