Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cheap Food  (Read 2700 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Food
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 09:19:40 pm »

I've seen people dispute danger rooms. I think the kitchen is the danger room. Yes Si, la cocina.
1.) Una cosa; esa es menor, pero yo quiero es un poco importante.
2.) [upside-down question mark]Que es la cocina un cuarto de obra. Hacer una marmota muerto es mas dwarfio*.
*Made-up Spanish translation for "dwarfy."

One ambush can take out ~25 dogs. That's the problem.

Of course, not many other people apply 50 dogs to one dwarf and consider it their "Army"
i killed a 2 headed ettin with 2 dwarves, one of which had turtle shell armor and an iron mace, the other had turtle shell armor and an iron axe.
but both of them had 8 dogs assigned.
neither us, nor 15 of the dogs ever took a hit, it was so busy escaping from all the holds from the dogs.
Animals can be great against unarmed, unarmored living enemies like semimegabeasts; they can even put a pretty good dent into end-game-stuff.  Armored goblins are a different story, though.
Si. Amimales de guerra son bien pero animales males.

Then you better not bitch about any bug ever.  Your desire to use the hospital is yours alone, and you can just as easily not use it.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

Just sayin...
Si. Si usted no tiene se salud, usted no tiene algo.

Granted, wood is the first thing I'd think of to make a barrel of, but if you have access to magma you'll probably have access to so many worthless metals that you can switch to mainly lead and zinc barrels, and the like.
iQue! [upside-downquestion mrak]Es no plomo...toxico?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 12:58:54 am »

i LOVE selling food.
i make so much food that if i dont sell it, it goes bad.

i kinda dig the "best chefs in the land" feeling.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 02:50:21 am »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 07:06:12 am »

And you have to sell food in barrels. I don't like to sell barrels. Wood is much more limited than glass or stone.

You only need wood for beds, though, so you really only need 200 pieces of wood, max.

Granted, wood is the first thing I'd think of to make a barrel of, but if you have access to magma you'll probably have access to so many worthless metals that you can switch to mainly lead and zinc barrels, and the like.

This makes me wish that toxins were more advanced, so dwarves could get lead poisoning from food stored in lead barrels...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:49:06 am by Vorthon »

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 03:30:35 pm »

Bah! "Lead poisoning" is only for societies with some knowledge of epidemiology.

In the times we're talking about, Lead(II) Acetate was known as "Sugar of Lead" and was an artificial sweetener.  Lead barrels add flavor.  Besides, do you seriously think that a DWARF would be affected by lead poisoning?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."
Pages: 1 2 [3]