Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nickname Reset  (Read 1363 times)

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
Nickname Reset
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:17:03 pm »

Yo, I use nicknames to remember which dwarves in my military are what type etc for easier formation of groups and equipment.  Lately I've discovered that my dwarves have occasionally been losing their nicknames through no intervention on my part.  What could cause this?  I use Dwarf Therapist.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Nickname Reset
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:21:35 pm »

The current Something Awful Let's Play of Dwarf Fortress also experienced this problem.

If you use Dwarf Therapist to name dwarves, it is possible that the names will sometimes randomly be lost. This might be tied to kills or the gaining of skill. The solution is to name the dwarves using only the in-game interface.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »

Yo, I use nicknames to remember which dwarves in my military are what type etc for easier formation of groups and equipment.  Lately I've discovered that my dwarves have occasionally been losing their nicknames through no intervention on my part.  What could cause this?  I use Dwarf Therapist.

They made a kill. It's a known DT issue.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 06:34:34 pm »

Fair enough, I understand.  Thanks.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk