Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How deep can someone drop without dying?  (Read 1239 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: How deep can someone drop without dying?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 07:45:18 pm »

I doubt it, and you don't wanna kill it anyways.  It makes an amazing zoo animal!  Or archery target!  Train your marksdwarves shooting bone bolts at the colossus, they'll never damage it and will rank up.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 07:51:18 pm »

I don't have any marksdwarves...I guess I'll make a zoo. What's the benefits of keeping it alive over turning it into a nice statue, though?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:53:32 pm by Mister Always »
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 08:00:51 pm »

You can mod the raws to make it [PET], make it into a zoo animal, build a temple around it, because DF players treat their megabeasts nice, use it to fend off a siege, pit captured prisoners at it for execution, noble killing machine...  You can easily kill it with some hammers or a spike repeater, preferably steel spikes, or a few silver hammer/mace traps that it'll walk over with nowhere to go, and harvest the statue for a good piece of furniture... but, where's the fun in that?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 08:04:14 pm »

Well.

Now I know what I'm gonna use for the arena fights.

*off to the raws!*
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 08:05:39 pm »

If you've got a good setup, it doesn't even need to be tame.  Just make sure it's caged again somehow, preferably by placing a trap two tiles in front of a door, so that when it goes to smash, it gets trapped instead.  This can be useful for disposal of nobles or legless invalids.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 08:09:11 pm »

I like to imagine that the dwarves came to an agreement with the colossus...

"So, we caught ya."
"Filthy little earth grubs! Let me out of this infernal cage!"
"An' wot, let you rip all our arms an' legs off? No no, ah don' fink so, mate. Tell ya wot, though. If y' promise not t' kill any o' us, we'll let ya kill any invader or thief we capture alive...an' there'll be people watchin' an' cheerin', at that."
"...go on."
"Peasants come t' polish ye twice a day."
"I've found my new home!"
Pages: 1 [2]