Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing as Humans  (Read 415 times)

GrayFoxUA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Playing as Humans
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:34:01 pm »

I have decided to play as humans for a change so I added CIV_CONTROLLABLE under entity_default and so far it's going fairly well. But when I click M to create squad (31.18) it is impossible to create squads, same with nobles, there are none. Is this an error or have humans not been developed very far?

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playing as Humans
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »

Its because only dwarves has nobles. You can make humans nobles and if you dont know to you can see the dwarven nobles. Or if you are lazy, just ctrl+c and ctrl+v they.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:45:09 pm »

Humans don't have many of the required fortress mode nobles defined in their raws.  In order to play a fully functional human civilization, you'll have to manually copy those positions over from the dwarf entity file.  This requires a world regen to take effect.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is, well, designed for dwarves in mind.  Vanilla only makes stand-in civs for the others, not as fleshes out with nobles and such as dwarves.  In normal play this would never matter, but you're not going the normal route, eh?