Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I really like cage traps apparently, what should I do with all these?!  (Read 1350 times)

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I really like cage traps apparently, what should I do with all these?!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 02:00:50 pm »

That sounds like a good idea. How should I go about ordering the mass pitting of the enemys? I imagine just use [i ]-[P] on the pit and assign everything/anything that I want pitted?

Sounds like a good idea. Much faster and easier than linking cages. I think I'll create a small arena down there... The top floor can be a meeting area with weapon racks, armor stands, statues, tables, chairs, etc for people to watch. The bottom layer will be the arena with a double bridge system to allow my military dwarfs accross (double bridge so there's a midway island to stop the enemys from escaping. If I ever catch any big beasties, I might stick them down in a third area to unleash on any misbehaving arena goers.

Mmm, I actually have an idea for once. This should be fun.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:30:01 pm by Dwarfotaur »

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: I really like cage traps apparently, what should I do with all these?!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 02:24:55 pm »

Yea, just use P on the pit to assign things to the pit. Just make sure you don't accidentally assign something that's not in the stockpile or a dwarf will try to lead it all the way across the fort from whatever. (Make sure all other stockpiles have that creature type disabled, or get rid of all the other stockpiles to make sure.)
Pages: 1 [2]