Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X3 TC and R  (Read 7396 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X3 TC and R
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »

I was going to start another round of this with the expansion but got bogged down in the swamp that is the mod forums, so now I plead of one of you natives to kindly give me a tour of the things that is noteworthy

Or put it simply, modlist plixplox, and I drooled over the Xtended mod so I will get that.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 12:52:46 am »

Or put it simply, modlist plixplox, and I drooled over the Xtended mod so I will get that.

Double this.

I bought the X-Superbox on the last sale, but decided to do R before TC. After the insanity of looking up mods for R, I'm less than enthusiastic about doing the same for TC.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 12:32:19 pm »

X3TC has a lot of the X-Tended mod stuff built into it.  The Bonus Pack stuff for the CLA, CAG, and Mosquito Missile Defense stuff is all right on the main website and comes with an easy installer.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 12:36:00 pm »

Use the plugin manager...?

Find mods that utilizes plugin manager... (Those mods usually recommend other mods to go with it.)

Plus, you can add and take mods off mid-game without breaking the save.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 03:33:00 am »

Okay so I have my game on X3R, I take my Nova to Black Hole Sun after seeing the BBS message about there usually being free missiles.

I find something much, much better. Right when I jump in, there's an abandoned Xenon P; a M6 (destroyer class) ship just sitting there free for the taking while other ships fly by it; so I took it and told it to head to the nearby Argon Installation.

Now the real problems:
1. It's Hull had been reduced to a sliver, and nearly all of its equipment was gone. It currently has 1 125MJ shield and 2 AHEPTs.
2. I only have experience piloting and maintaining M3/M4/TS class ships. I could use some pointers in how to equip this thing.
3. I've only got ~17mil credits from my pirating/capping activities and my 3 UTs. On the bright side, I can save a load of cash by transferring upgrades from my Nova; which I upgraded at every possible opportunity.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:37:59 am by Blaze »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:53:41 am »

If you see them send a surrender message, make sure to stop shooting. They'll bail out and you can take their ship. It will come to a stop and be neutral. You'll have to bail out of your ship in your space suit and get close to your new acquisition. From the right lick menu there will be a new option, Claim, once you are close enough. Make sure that you tame the ship with Claim before you zap it with your healing laser (like a unicorn). Also I'd recommend waiting until you blow up everyone shooting at you.
They just go "We never surrender" then I have to kill them. Also, harriers with High Energy Plasma Throwers suck.

Look more closely at what Duuvian said! You have to use the right lick menu. If you're not seeing it, it's because you don't have the Lollipop system installed in your ship.

More on topic, I have X3:TC, but the starting ship seems horrifically slow even with the time-speedup, and the inability to do anything else (netflix) while it flies just turned me right off. (I'm rather used to hazeron, where I can do something else while my ship flies somewhere, and it doesn't hit a ridiculously low speed cap and end up going super-slow as a result)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 04:58:26 am »

More on topic, I have X3:TC, but the starting ship seems horrifically slow even with the time-speedup, and the inability to do anything else (netflix) while it flies just turned me right off. (I'm rather used to hazeron, where I can do something else while my ship flies somewhere, and it doesn't hit a ridiculously low speed cap and end up going super-slow as a result)

Try turning your SETA modifier to 10x in the options menu. The default is 6x so there should be a noticeable difference.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 05:04:41 am »

Which beginning did you use?  The trader start ship is pretty slow, so you should try to make some trading cash then buy a buster to fly around in.  After that you can start doing some basic combat and piracy stuff, meaning more money for a better ship.  Once you get in something faster the travel times are far more bearable.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 12:44:05 am »

Which beginning did you use?  The trader start ship is pretty slow, so you should try to make some trading cash then buy a buster to fly around in.  After that you can start doing some basic combat and piracy stuff, meaning more money for a better ship.  Once you get in something faster the travel times are far more bearable.

I'm pretty sure when I was sampling each of the starting builds the trader start gave me an unarmed buster discoverer above and slightly behind the mercury - I didn't have to claim it. I was too eager to get into the shooty campaign, though, so I went for Argon Patriot.

Edit: Just loaded a new game up and yes, it's there (though it's a discoverer, not a buster).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:51:21 am by Spiral42 »
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 01:27:52 am »

The terran one.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 01:58:37 am »

The Terran Defender one? That starts you off with a sabre, arguably the fastest M4 out there barring scorpion variants.

Did you max out your engine tunings? That ship can hit almost 300 m/s IIRC.
Pages: 1 [2]