Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Epic of a'Sitari Gold-Ward  (Read 759 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
The Epic of a'Sitari Gold-Ward
« on: February 13, 2011, 07:35:13 pm »

Note:

This is the Epic(Not So Much) of a'Sitari Gold-Ward
Sorry if this is the incorrect place to post such a thing, but it seemed like the right, and I would rather not be the left. (Sorry, for I love almost every pun. Especially bad ones).

Background:

For many Bematha's (Wet-Seasons) the century-wards have kept watch over the world, keeping evil at bay, acting as the beacon of hope for each declining zone. However, recently, there has been no need for such, as the elves have been settling many new forests. But now, more evil have sprung from the earth, and a new century-ward must come.

Prologue :

With evil, once more about, the human petition for another hero to aid them in their conquest for the defeat of evil. a'Sitari meets their demand, and the next century-ward is born.

(This is only the first part, if I receive positive feedback. Actually if I receive any feedback, I will continue onto the second part.)

Forth Note:
    The adventurer in question is a female elf, with superior agility and toughness, and some skill in linguistic ability, and another skill I shalln’t mention at this time. She is at the demigod level, simply because I CAN. She is armed with a mango (tasty) wood spear. She also uses a saguaro rib shield. All names are in as much of the elven tongue as I could procure from the raws of the elven language.

The Epic Of a’Sitari Gold-Ward

I, daughter of the Golden-SwordBow have finally begun to venture forth to the vast expenses of the world away from Thala Forile. There, I was considered amongst the most gifted in the art of war, and was elected as this century’s ward against evil. The obligation spurred my training forth, and I soon became the strongest warrior Thala Forile had seen in many generations. In the training the ensued after the council’s decision I became a very agile, tough, and focused spear elf.
   I was trained for dodging the enemy’s blows, and retaliating with a myriad of my own tactics, most of which I would be unable to use for the beginning of my journey, but would later become available as I defeat more of the forces of evil.

6th Moonstone, 505
In the start of my journey, I lost myself on the path to the human fortress where I would be basing my beginnings until I was well-known enough to start my own company of warriors and purge the evil from the landscape.  I quickly took inventory of my equipment, and found that everything was in order.

The elders had equipped me with a mango wood spear, a leather coat and standard rope-reed clothing. I also carried a shield, though unskilled in its use, they had insisted that I bring it with. I also had a rope-reed backpack and a leather water skin. I had some water in the water skin, and a large-copper dagger in the backpack, as well as five meals worth of lungfish. I immediately removed the dagger, should the fighting get too close for my own spear, and in case I needed to commit the appalling deed of butchery.

I wandered into the nearest hamlet, and talked with a human to discover my surroundings and find my first mission. Also, if necessary to stay the night, as I wasn’t yet confident in my abilities to ward of hordes of bogeymen, and rid the world of such. That would be later. In any event I began talking to the foreign human, and it was immediately clear we were much different.

The main difference was that he, lived in a WOODEN HUT, constructed of my ancestors bones, but those ignorant humans! They must now not that when we die, we become the tree, our spirits inside. To end a tree is nigh worse than to strike down a "living" being. And, he and his companions have no sympathy for the other plants. They trample them, kill them, rip out their roots, and devour them like hungry beasts! While of course, we need food, they need not farm them in such a disrespectful way. I wonder how much they would like to be force to grow in a small space, then killed and eaten. Bah, I would try it one day, if I weren't supposed to be the bane of evil, not the evil itself.

But also, more elusive things came from this human. Those dirty, tree-killing bastards! And then they have the audacity to think I am the evil one. There stares almost made me want to rip their filthy human guts out. The humans tone, now that. They speak to me as if I am a forgotten beast, one to be cast off and chased with torches. Oh, I will show them all!

After this inner outrage, I proceeded to question him about surroundings, obtained permission to stay for the night, and then asked for a task needed completion. He told me of a fearsome beast, Elide IdataTwilights, who had slain Apug SlaughterDabbling, no doubt a human, as no honorable elf would have such a name. The human agrees to travel with me, though I doubt his usefulness, a companion is always welcome.

Before killing Elide IdataTwilights, I shall traverse the distance to the nearest fortress, recruit the remainder of my current band, and then start my quest to end the tumult and strife of this evil world!

At the fortress, I recruit a spear man, a mace man, and a swordsman. While they are only human, I wish not to be ambushed by anyone with aid, and so recruit them regardless. Now I set of to rid the world of this vile creature of the night.
   I check the stars, and it appears I shall oppose Elide IdataTwilights in the night, when it is most powerful, but alas, I shall strive forth! I step into the consort’s cave, and the rancid smell of death assails me, and swarms of large roaches are stirred up.
 In the distance, I can see Elide, its deathly laughter fills the cavern as a drum beat. As Elide’s tail swishes back and forth,
I stride to meet the creature, my companions to my rear. It holds a meat cleaver, streaked with crimson blood, and appears to be soon searching for its next victim.

I charge the beast for the glory of Thala Forile! I attempt to stab the beast in the lower body, but it parries my blow and counterstrikes. Elide misses, and I stab its head, but missing, but it misses as well. I then stab it in its right upper arm, and the fat is torn, and the muscles is bruised! It charges me, but finds my training more than a match for itself. I continue to stab the consort, and my companions charge in to my aid. My swordsmen slashes furiously at the beast, and twists his sword around in the beast's flesh. Such is the reward of evil! However, my other soldiers are not as helpful, and are little more effective as fighters than meatshields. I made an inner promise to recruit true elven soldiers after this sorry display of the lack of finesse these humans posses.

I almost laugh at their clear lack of battle prowess, but hold off, not wanting to damage their morale, and because a human is better as a companion as no companion, and is by comparison far better a companion than a dwarf.

My companions are being torn apart, but I am prevailing, and soon death shall be the beast’s reward. The beast and I exchange a flurry of blow, and I am smote in my left hand, and lose my spear. Despite this, I pull out my dagger and continue the battle. Within a few more blows, I am able to slice the consort in half, ending its fell reign. I howl, a sign to all that is evil, daring them to appose me!

7th Moonstone 505   
I then rest till dawn, in hopes of healing my hand. It is slight better, but not as good as it used to be, and it probably never will be. I then search the cave, and pick up a leather bag, and my spear. In my search of the cave, I discover a shield, a gemstone, and I pick up the beast knives, should I ever need them. And with that I race forth from the lair.

Feeling the air upon my hair, I laugh, and run my way down to the fortress. My first of many victories against evil! I have finally discovered my purpose in life, and vow never to let a single being of evil exist and long as I still draw breaths from the air of Avafi!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:52:56 pm by kytuzian »

Blind Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRAVISION]
    • View Profile
Re: The Epic of a'Sitari Gold-Ward
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »

I think this sort of thing is supposed to go in the Community Games & Stories forum, but if it's based on your actual adventures it should be fine here.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

DUHH. I'm stupid. But actually, it is the (almost) exact record of my adventures, but I added a lame storyline and some name changing to make it sound more epic(er).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 07:53:59 pm by kytuzian »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:42:59 pm »

Anyone want to actually comment on the content of this? I don't care if you hate it just say you hate it!

Blind Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRAVISION]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 10:48:40 pm »

It's alright. Seems a little rushed for a story type deal. Also, BAH ELVES! But maybe provide some more detail and build up. For example, you mention that the dirty hippy noticed that her human guide's opinions were very distinct from her's. Why not go into how they differ, and the protagonist's feelings about this and humans in general?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:34:30 pm »

DUHH. I'm stupid. But actually, it is the (almost) exact record of my adventures, but I added a lame storyline and some name changing to make it sound more epic(er).

Yeah, that happens all the times in the "What's going on in your adventure?" thread.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:11:04 am »

Thanks Blind Wolf, I'll change what I can from memory, then I'll edit the post, but it won't be much. Anyway it'll be better for the next few (in-game) days. Or so I hope. It kinda depresses me how annoyed people are by elves. Sure they may piss you off, but I'm sure you would rather not have a swarm of angry elves trying to kill you. Maybe it would be less dangerous than goblins and trolls, but alas.

EDIT : And I have changed my story, if anyone wants to comment now, let it be your soul who decides!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:53:41 pm by kytuzian »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 04:55:08 pm »

Is the story really so bad, two one out of the 150 people who commented on this story wish to say anything about it? Okay, since nobody appreciates it here, I'm going to move it to the stories section, so if you want to follow, which I doubt anyof you do, you can come. It'll be urn the same name as it is here, and if you want a reponse, do not post here.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:12:34 pm by kytuzian »