Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where are shops?  (Read 1058 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Where are shops?
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »

I recently made a modding error that seems to cause gnomes to melt themselves and set their clothes on fire. Having discovered this, I naturally did what any self-respecting adventurer would do-namely, wait for the smoke to clear and take the non-burney stuff to sell. However, there is an issue.

Never, in any of my adventurers' careers, have I found a shop.

Where are they? (If it helps, I usually gen worlds with short history, to speed things up and so that I can mine to lava surfaces in magma.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where are shops?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:53:50 pm »

Shops are only found in human-style Towns. I haven't seen them in hamlets.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:16:43 pm »

Where are the towns?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:49:04 pm »

Where are the towns?

They're "+" symbols on the main map.  Hamlets are "-", "=", "[triple line]", and the "AE" and "ae" symbols.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:42 am »

When you're traveling on the map, shops in towns should appear as yellow blocks as opposed to white blocks (which mean houses I suppose).

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 01:42:29 am »

I'm supposedly where a town is, + and everything, (i'm on the phobeus genesis mod pack, but it still says town "Beerpools") but the compass is giving me ... like i'm there, and it's barren...no buildings, just flat ground?

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.