Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Splints and other medical crud  (Read 535 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Splints and other medical crud
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:51:55 pm »

Are they preserves?  I haven't noticed if crutches are consumed upon use, or if the stick is re-applied elsewhere.  Cloth and sutures, no, don't re-use though, but I can imagine splints being multiple use.  I'm thinking of making platinum splints just for lols, but not if they're one-use.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Splints and other medical crud
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 08:16:01 pm »

They get reused.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:37:14 pm »

If your person gets injured you can see the splint on the inventory screen, obviously around the injured area. I've never seen them get reused but they dont get destroyed in the process at least.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 04:50:49 pm »

You can also see sutures "sewn into right hand" and bandages "wrapped around left leg" too, but those don't get re-used.  Apparently they just disintegrate, because the doc never takes them out.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 06:49:57 pm »

And AFAIK, crutches aren't used at all - has this been changed, or are they still useless?

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 06:59:47 pm »

Still useless for the most part, though there is the occasional report of a glimpse of a crutch in the (i)nventory screen. Without evidence, of course.
くコ:彡

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »

I know crutches aren't used, because dwarves with missing feet are worthless, and sometimes if a bone isn't healed properly then walking is impossible and therefor worthless.  Gypsum powder is similarly bugged, but much more dangerously.  The doctor will go to the well or pond, and stand there with a bucket until they dehydrate and die, without ever collecting any water.  There's work-arounds for this, namely involving pond zones and mass-forbidding, but they're iffy at best, and splints seem to work just fine, so...