Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarfish purity standards  (Read 617 times)

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarfish purity standards
« on: February 13, 2011, 12:29:46 pm »

How much dorfy are you?
Can we set some standards?

I compiled a list of things that we can assess to see who is a traditional dorf.

-How many traps are permitted to be used and when.
-If a end of word device can be used and if he need to have some consquences to be used
-If you can use danger rooms and how often
-If you can exploit or not some economic weirdness (i.e. selling two large serrated discs to buy a entire caravan)
-If you can exploit waterfalls for permanent hecstatic status
-If you can exploit execution towers to achieve the "don't care about anything anymore" status
-If you can use some tools like DF prospector  before embraking to make sure that you know were adamantine and valuable stuff are.

If you want to add some other things, fell free.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: dwarfish purity standards
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:34:17 pm »

I would argue in favor of "the most rock moved without use of your hands" ie, cave ins or flowing fluid, or "most enemies killed without your knowledge".

ZetaX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:36:14 pm »

-If a end of word device can be used and if he need to have some consquences to be used
This makes no sense. As the name says, an end or world device ends the world (the fortress), so there is nothing to talk about "consequences".

As was suggested in a very similar thread about a week ago, it makes much more sense to collect ideas of making gameplay more realistic/less unbalanced/harder.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 02:10:41 pm »

This makes no sense. As the name says, an end or world device ends the world (the fortress), so there is nothing to talk about "consequences".

Sorry, my bad, I was intending something more likely to "pull a boatmurder" that is a sort of end of the wrols device but with no consequnce with the fort.

As was suggested in a very similar thread about a week ago, it makes much more sense to collect ideas of making gameplay more realistic/less unbalanced/harder.

It can be done. It's just a more funny way to put it down...