Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games Where You Play As Demigods?  (Read 2510 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Where You Play As Demigods?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »

Valkyrie Profile 1-3: In the first and second you play a god, in the third you play a mortal that for some reason never explained has divine punishment attacks.

Rabek Jeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 11:27:25 pm »

Populous: The Beginning has you as a shaman, not a god, unlike the other Populous games. It's actually my favorite of the series.

Does Dominions 3 count? You create your own psuedo-deity in that. You can empower mortals as your personal prophet and such.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 12:08:57 am »

The only ones of these I haven't played are the Valkyrie Profile and Disgaea. I'm mainly looking for a game that makes players feel super empowered like Crackdown does.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 04:00:48 am »

Makai kingdom.. You play a super evil Demi-god turned super evil Book! :D
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 04:12:52 am »

The only ones of these I haven't played are the Valkyrie Profile and Disgaea. I'm mainly looking for a game that makes players feel super empowered like Crackdown does.
If you appreciate storyline, you will loooove Valkyrie Profile.  Play the first one, it's the best.  It has some pretty hardcore drama, existential crises, a core mechanic of training heroes for ascension to godhood, and I always thought it was pretty quotable.

Plus, during the main character's signature attack, she yells "It shall be engraved upon your soul!"  If that doesn't count as divine badassedness, I don't know what does.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 06:49:19 am »

If you appreciate storyline, you will loooove Valkyrie Profile.  Play the first one, it's the best.  It has some pretty hardcore drama, existential crises, a core mechanic of training heroes for ascension to godhood, and I always thought it was pretty quotable.

Plus, during the main character's signature attack, she yells "It shall be engraved upon your soul!"  If that doesn't count as divine badassedness, I don't know what does.

Don't you mean ascension to being killed in battle so that they can become Einherjar and fight in the final doomed battle at Ragnarok against the frost giants?  (Keep in mind I only know the premise of the game and never got very far in it.)
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 09:19:39 am »

Don't you mean ascension to being killed in battle so that they can become Einherjar and fight in the final doomed battle at Ragnarok against the frost giants?  (Keep in mind I only know the premise of the game and never got very far in it.)

Did you play for five minutes? Your party consists of fallen warriors. You literally catch their souls at the moment of death. So, spoiler alert: everyone dies. :D

After that, you've got it. You level them up a bit and then send them off to fight the Vanir.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 09:47:09 am »

The Legacy of Kain series. Sort of. That is, in Blood Omen you play as someone born to be the new balance guardian of the pillars of Nosgoth, the state of which corresponds to the state of the world. There's no mention of any real gods, though. In the Soul Reaver branch you are something created by a god (of sorts), but then you're also sort of immortal due to the god not allowing you to die.
Pages: 1 [2]