Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caverns in .18?  (Read 608 times)

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caverns in .18?
« on: February 04, 2011, 02:58:49 pm »

I played adventure mode in .16 or .17 version when they got released and i found caverns cool new addition and it was fun to wander in them, killing anything that moved, or try to survive.
then, there were cavern entrances in every little cave that i could possibly find.
now that i started adventurer in .18 i cant seem to be able to find my way into cavern anywhere, have they been removed or how can i get into one?
Id like to discover deepest corners of the earth, and perhaps find my way into a circus full of clowns and die of happiness like a tr00 hero.
Do i need to make a fortress and dig a staircase straight into cavern layer or are there still ramps leading down there?
i have already discovered countless of caves, and even couple of labyrinths and temples (though in Genesis mod, but still) but havent found any ramp leading into great darkness.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caverns in .18?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:15:57 pm »

The caves that you can find (not lairs, labyrinths, etc) can lead down to the caverns. They are also pretty rare (unless you generated lots through advanced parameters). I'd suggest to just make a quick fort near the town were you retire your adventurer, dig down all the way and abandon.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caverns in .18?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 01:13:51 am »

I would recommend turning on the option to show all caves in the Advanced Parameters of the world generator.  It makes them a whole lot easier to find.  Of course, you can just visit a town and ask some schmuck about the Surroundings multiple times.  That will reveal many locations.
I play games of games inside games in my head.