Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FIXED No dwarves no caverns pocket region  (Read 760 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FIXED No dwarves no caverns pocket region
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »

I managed to create a pocket region with no dwarf civ still around and no caverns.  0.31.18

Lava was at -20ish in the one embark I tried after I saved.

I figure some folks with lower end machines or a desire to run a small community of dwarves would really appreciate this world, and want to share it.  I could drop the whole file on the file sharing server I suppose, but don't want to do that from work.

Found the params: This time they are the real parameters.  Sorry about the confusion.  I figured out how to get the generation parameters from the save itself.

Created in DF v0.31.18.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:45:15 am by Farmerbob »
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: No dwarves no caverns pocket region
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 11:17:37 pm »

Was it a custom map?  If so, then upload a text file with the world params and seed.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:19:57 pm »

OK, got the params above.

If you decide to try this out, remember that you will be required to farm with surface dweller plants.  It might be possible to find silk, though It would likely have to come from a mountain cave, rather than a cavern.  I've never seen silk in a no-caverns world personally, but I have seen spiders in caves on OTHER worlds back in the 40d days.

Rope Reeds are pretty critical, I normally find a few of them by streams or rivers, and severely restrict them so that only the workshop has access to them for quite a while, then brew with them when my cloth industry is in decent shape.

The FPS on this world tends to stay quite peppy, even on marginal machines.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:36:12 pm by Farmerbob »
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:52:21 am »

I'd hope it would, with so little going on it'd be tough to get higher FPS!  Do go back though, and put the code into spoiler brackets.  It's rather large and bulky.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:41:05 am »

I'd hope it would, with so little going on it'd be tough to get higher FPS!  Do go back though, and put the code into spoiler brackets.  It's rather large and bulky.

Done

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:00:53 am »

Umm... are you sure you grabbed the right world gen parameters? This world has both caverns and dwarfs - at least, it did when I made use of it.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 03:22:23 am »

Umm... are you sure you grabbed the right world gen parameters? This world has both caverns and dwarfs - at least, it did when I made use of it.

I thought I did, but apparently I didn't.  I see here that somehow I have cavern layers 1, which shouldn't be.  How do I get the worldgen paremeters from an active game?

Fixed.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:45:59 am by Farmerbob »

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FIXED No dwarves no caverns pocket region
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:00:08 am »

Was looking through the files created when I saved the data from legends section:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:02:36 am by Farmerbob »