Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Am I out of the mountains yet?  (Read 1405 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Am I out of the mountains yet?
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:36:20 pm »

No? Crap.

It's taking FOREVER to slow-travel out of the mountains. Why can't I fast-travel out/through them?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I out of the mountains yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:50:57 pm »

No? Crap.

It's taking FOREVER to slow-travel out of the mountains. Why can't I fast-travel out/through them?

You try teleporting next time you're in the mountains. That's right, you can't. So your adventurer can't either.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »

No? Crap.

You try teleporting next time you're in the mountains. That's right, you can't. So your adventurer can't either.
I can't teleport in plains either, but I can fast-travel from them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:42:16 pm »

Beacuse you can't really "Run over" A mountain, You have to climb and spend time looking for correct paths to traversr over to get to the other side.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 06:00:55 pm »

Yet slow-travelling through the mountains is 100% hold down directional button and 0% find path (unless you run into some supermassive canyon).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 06:57:08 pm »

Yet slow-travelling through the mountains is 100% hold down directional button and 0% find path (unless you run into some supermassive canyon).
Not to mention 40% time-consuming and 60% dull, give or take.
Sig

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:39:13 am »

Thats the life , its like crosing an Ocean , anyways if mountains could be generated to have some paths but all I see is thatthere just layers and layers of stone
Desu

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 10:00:41 am »

It's probably to do with embark permissions - you can't embark on a mountain therefore you can't fast-travel through it. The game hasn't quite realised you can quite easily walk through the mountain, unlike an ocean.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.