Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: The Engineer Asylum [Community Engineering Game]  (Read 9687 times)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Engineer Asylum [Community Engineering Game]
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm »

See.. this is why textual communication is so terrible... I was going to say good job. But now I feel like a douche for even bringing it up. Its the whole reason why i started off with "Not to sound insulting," I honestly was trying to not be insulting but i knew that if I had just asked "how old are you as you draw these?" It would most likely have been taken as "wow, he thinks they suck" which was honestly not the case! May your magical beard continue to engrave such masterful works! And I will also shut-up now before I start digging myself a virtual ditch
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2011, 10:09:35 pm »

See.. this is why textual communication is so terrible... I was going to say good job. But now I feel like a douche for even bringing it up. Its the whole reason why i started off with "Not to sound insulting," I honestly was trying to not be insulting but i knew that if I had just asked "how old are you as you draw these?" It would most likely have been taken as "wow, he thinks they suck" which was honestly not the case! May your magical beard continue to engrave such masterful works! And I will also shut-up now before I start digging myself a virtual ditch

This is why spoken communication will should never die.

Two questions:
1.) Where  are the artifact pictures?
2.) Are you seriously not going to try ANY method of booze bomb? :( (It doesn't have to work...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:58 pm »

Where  are the artifact pictures?
He removed them after I commented and accidentally offended him...
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2011, 09:29:39 am »

Let's just forget about those pictures. Or do you actually want to see them?
I guess I could try and make that booze bomb but until I can get a farm running I can't even get started. The little lake I have won't work. It's surrounded with lava falling everywhere and stuff.
But the good news is I found out that the aquifer is in the sandy clay loam. Bad news however is that I couldn't find any sandy clay loam on the map... I'll search harder!
I found the sandy clay loam. It was right on top of the mountain. How did I miss it? But no aquifer yet.
Actually I didn't get anything done because more goblins came. This time they had bows. I really hate my dwarves dying. After 3 had died I decided it was enough. Do you think it would be OK if I remove goblins every time they come? Until I have completed my wall and moat.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:01:21 pm by ottottott »

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2011, 12:10:48 pm »

I guess I could try and make that booze bomb but until I can get a farm running I can't even get started. The little lake I have won't work. It's surrounded with lava falling everywhere and stuff.
But the good news is I found out that the aquifer is in the sandy clay loam. Bad news however is that I couldn't find any sandy clay loam on the map... I'll search harder!
I found the sandy clay loam. It was right on top of the mountain. How did I miss it? But no aquifer yet.
Actually I didn't get anything done because more goblins came. This time they had bows. I really hate my dwarves dying. After 3 had died I decided it was enough. Do you think it would be OK if I remove goblins every time they come? Until I have completed my wall and moat.

I personally enjoyed the drawings. Quite dwarvenly.

And it woudn't be a good idea to remove goblins as they appear. That's not Fun. Killing them and smelting their armor for raw materials is Fun. Dwarves dying is just part of the game, and you should enjoy it, not hate it.

BTW, you should test the effects of a fortress magma flood in a different folder, just for scientific purposes.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2011, 12:30:36 pm »

So you really did like the pictures and aren't just saying it to not make me feel bad?
Well I really can't handle my dwarves dying. I have about 20 goblins captured now and I would get back to capturing and killing and stuff when I have finished my protection. I'm gonna make that moat and wall anyway but then it's just gonna take more time. Gotta make my dwarves go inside and every 2nd time an ambush comes I gotta rewind 2 months and my fun goes down.
I guess I could cause a tiny mining accident. Somebody accidentally locks everyone in. With desperate acts to get out they mine into the volcano. Before that, the apartment building collapses. Pictures will come!

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:44 pm »

I Really Liked the Pictures! Put them back up!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2011, 03:11:17 pm »

I am kinda interested.

Well, okay, but you hadn't mentioned anything about it on the post of assorted insane projects.

I have about 20 goblins captured now and I would get back to capturing and killing and stuff when I have finished my protection.
Sounds like we have 20 test subjects! Not counting nobles, of course.

I guess I could cause a tiny mining accident. Somebody accidentally locks everyone in. With desperate acts to get out they mine into the volcano. Before that, the apartment building collapses. Pictures will come!
Sounds Fun!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2011, 09:31:58 am »

Oh well... I'll put the pictures up again then. But I am still a tad confused about your question Crocatowa. What does my age have to do with drawing those pictures?
I hadn't mention the booze bomb because at 1st I dumped the idea because of it not being able to be an actual bomb like wanted. When said that it didn't have to work... I could do that.
Test subjects for what? I am interested in your ideas.
So it's a definite go then! I remember it being possible to make a video of the dwarf fortress screen with no help from any other programs. Is that right?

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2011, 02:58:12 pm »

Oh well... I'll put the pictures up again then. But I am still a tad confused about your question Crocatowa. What does my age have to do with drawing those pictures?
It sounded like he wa trying to compliment you by saying your good for your age.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]