Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uniforms "Over clothing" or "Replace clothing" ?  (Read 10512 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uniforms "Over clothing" or "Replace clothing" ?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 06:03:02 pm »

I might be inclined to give them something to wear under armor, I'm just not much of a fan of decking them out in cloaks and hoods. Using that for protection makes me feel silly.

Now, if I knew that extra layers of metal armor did nothing, I'd skip at least two of my regular three mail shirts and replace them with a shirt or something, and let them wear trousers under greaves. Socks are out, though, unless you can me how to equip them without ending up with two socks on one foot and a boot on the other.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 06:05:26 pm »

I don't even bother with clothes. They are just going to rot off and clutter the floor anyways.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 06:13:25 pm »

Actually, clothes do provide some protection. From what I've heard, dresses* provide the most coverage. Material matters, too. Normal cloth isn't great, leather and possibly silk are decent, and the special spoilerific stuff works best(but wears out like all clothes do). And you can assign clothes as part of the uniform.

*Even for guys. And you won't be saying his dress looks stupid if he's four feet tall, armored in full steel, carries a huge axe, and is charging your way screaming profanities and battle cries.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aside from that... well, I've never tried having an equipped military... yet, so I know only what's on the Wiki... and there they post setups of maximum amount of items worn. I don't know what to think of that...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 11:23:03 pm »

I've had good results from a simple setup of 1 breastplate, 1 helm, etc, and usually don't have the resources and/or patience to over-equip them.  At some point I may just burn through some stacks of leather and deck out my military in hoods and cloaks, but the simple armor works very well.
Pages: 1 [2]