Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human bridge shenanigans  (Read 1282 times)

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human bridge shenanigans
« on: February 15, 2011, 07:58:29 am »

I've seen the humans build a fuckload of some wierd bridges before, but this one sets and all time high in glaringly obvious design flaws that i've seen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This bridge is inside a major river. The ramps on either side only lead to the top of the bridge, there is no way out apart from fast traveling out or swimming downstream.

Also this less interesting one, this design is present everywhere. This particular bridge was further down the river.

Once again downstream, I meet this monstrosity, with extra compartments in the structure for some reason.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:06:34 am by tehc »

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human bridge shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 04:26:32 pm »

I've seen a bridge on flat, dry land. Maybe it was a house embedded in the turf.

Crazy humans.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:28:02 pm »

I saw two bridges built on top of one another.  Those crazy human peasants and their Failbridges...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »

They probably got interrupted by groundhogs, and never bothered to finish it again. Probably because the groundhogs were too adorable.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:36:05 pm »

They probably got interrupted by groundhogs, and never bothered to finish it again. Probably because the groundhogs were too adorable.

Imagine having loads of those caged and released during seiges.

Stozu McGoblin cancels pilliage: Interuppted by groundhog.

Who needs an army when you've got groundhogs? But then the groundhog handlers would need cute protective suits... I need some time to think this plan through. Like how to get the groundhogs back into their cages, and how to prevent the groundhogs from finding their way into civillian areas. Lest they hypnotize the citizens and take control of the fortress, enslaving the

Stone Wera cancels post: Interuppted by groundhog

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:37:51 pm »

Ultimuh cancels browse forums: Interuppted by groundhog

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 09:04:50 pm »

Icee77 Has Been Struck Down!