Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Party hard!  (Read 620 times)

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
Party hard!
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:51:19 pm »

I just had two ambushes SIMULTANIOUSLY from two directions. A fairly new fortress with only 41 population (And for some reason, an imported wealth of nearly 60K, can someone explain why? I haven't deconstructed any trade depot, and there were no traders on the site. Only artifact I have (Checked through the l) is a wooden mug encircled with more wood.)

None the less, after losing 4/5ths of my population, the invaders left and my miner decides to throw a party among the blood and the twenty corpses that laid scattered in the dining hall.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:59:05 pm by MiniMacker »
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Party hard!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:54:44 pm »

I don't understand the Horatio humor there...

Sometimes the game counts caverns as wealth, so if there's stuff in the caverns, like spider silk and prepared meats, then that may be counted towards your value.  This bug doesn't happen all the time, but does happen.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Party hard!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:33:32 pm »

...(And for some reason, an imported wealth of nearly 60K, can someone explain why? I haven't deconstructed any trade depot, and there were no traders on the site. Only artifact I have (Checked through the l) is a wooden mug encircled with more wood.)

probabily because there is a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
inside a

And if you try to grab it
your fort will

Wow, spoilery post! Don't look at them if you don't want to ruin yourself the fun