Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First FB.  (Read 521 times)

Jome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First FB.
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:18:30 am »

It is a giant humanoid, with two heads. I cant tell if he has anything dangerous but we'll see. My military SUCKS BALLS, theres only one soldier able to fight and he kinda sucks as well. I've got a layer of defenses set up but I dont think it can hold him back and a new wave of migrants just arrived as well, hoping they can get it before they die.

What do?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: First FB.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:22:30 am »

That sounds like an Ettin to me. If he doesn't have a string of titles, your military should be able to handle him.

Alternatively, what kind of defences do you have?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Jome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:28:27 am »

Was planning to build a floodroom but that failed after not having enough migrants to power the pumps. ( Nor do I understand stacks of pumps ) but the floodroom is now a room basically with two bridges so if he manages to get into the center, I just pull the lever and he is trapped as he cant reach my bridges I think.

Behind that I've got another bridge, this time without a floor under it so no way he can get in.
He has a title though, Agesh Sculptlyric the Sensual Influences. He is now chasing two migrants wich will probably die but the rest can get in now and head into the danger room to fast train.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:29:18 am »

If you think he's going to rip through your fort, seal the place in. Construct walls to block off the area and just wait. If you use fortifications instead, you could take pot-shots at him.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Jome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 07:32:08 am »

I dont think he'll get through, but I cant make more armour as I really dont have any coal or charcoal right now, nor ores or bars of iron/steel whatev.

He's now chasing two shitty migrants anyway, so I'll just let him be and seal in after the last of the migrants is inside.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 08:44:18 am »

This ought to be easy. Simply draft EVERYONE (weapons don't matter) and have them all attack him. I easily killed an ettin this way, 30 vs one, with no casualties.

Jome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 09:15:48 am »

He's dead, but its a shame you dont get a reward for it tho.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 05:24:13 pm »

Butchering the damn thing should give you most of a year's worth of meat, so I think that's reward enough.
くコ:彡