Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Epic entrance  (Read 2979 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Epic entrance
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 04:20:04 am »

The idiot survied! Though if you look at his injuries he was caught in cloud of boiling magma.  So either the rock superheated and turned to magma when it landed or its a bug.  I prefer the first explanation though.

Well I say he survived, he's currently in the corpse stockpile after months of surgery by "house" and his team.  Apparently soap is actually important to prevent infection.  And having some before surgery was started would have saved his and my mason's lives.
Entirely possible that it punched through to some magma. When rock hits a liquid during a cavein, the liquid teleports to the top of the rock.

iwog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 05:54:17 am »

Entirely possible that it punched through to some magma. When rock hits a liquid during a cavein, the liquid teleports to the top of the rock.

I wish that were true but the cavern is pretty boring, only water, space and some rock from what I saw.  I found the real reason whilst browsing "What's going on in your fort?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 07:24:54 am »

Just a tip for anybody having problems with dwarves digging stupidly when you designate everything at once: put your miners in a burrow that covers only the first level that you're digging.  When they're done, extend the burrow one more level, repeat, and finally delete the burrow at the end.  They'll only dig where they're allowed to go.

I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.
Pages: 1 [2]