Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: God, I love seeing this...  (Read 529 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
God, I love seeing this...
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:58:21 pm »

I just did some buggin' 'bout with my stockpiles. I made one close to the farms that was exclusively for seeds, one near the ashery and soap maker that was exclusively for soap and fat (couldn't find tallow...), and the food stockpile, of course, features neither seeds nor fat.

I didn't properly configure the food stockpile, though. I'd already made a seed stockpile, and the dwarves DID haul seeds to it, but apparently only those that were still in the...still. So I messed around with the settings for the food stockpile...

Immediatley, all the dwarves in the dining room look up, snapping their heads in the direction of the food stockpile. What ensues can best be described as a lemming rush, except without unnecessary death and with more seeds. They thundered up the stairs, two by two by two, to the farms, where they proceeded to drop all the seeds in the proper stockpile.

They then went back to lollygagging as if nothing had happened.

Fuckin' hivemind <3
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: God, I love seeing this...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:07:48 pm »

Beautiful, innit? I see more or less the same effect when I dismember goblins. Moreso when  I then claim all their clothes. Amplified with [SPEED:0].
くコ:彡