Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblins sitting at the door, doing... nothing...  (Read 1456 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins sitting at the door, doing... nothing...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 10:21:47 am »

Fill it with carp.  Or war bears.  War carp?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 10:23:54 am »

Lure a forgotten beast with a deadly syndrome into it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Voyager

• Bay Watcher
  • Maybe it's supposed to be on fire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 10:06:22 pm »

That explains quite a bit, actually.  See the traps are Steel Hammer Traps with 10x Steel hammers apiece, and as it turns out, hammer traps generate knock-back just like wielded hammers, and when the first two Goblins stepped in the traps, they got hammered into the channel I dug to keep my drawbridge out of reach.  So right now, two of the Goblins are wandering around in the ditch below my bridge.

If I'm understanding the drawbridge mechanics, if I drop it, it will atomize them and their stuff, but, it will let the other Goblins in through the open path.

This is going to be fun.

Harry Voyager
If the channel is meant to keep the bridge out of reach of building-destroyers, then it will not atom-smash the goblins in the channel. It will create a roof over their head.

Goblins on the space next to the channel, where the bridge lands, however ... :twisted:

The ramifications of that statement just hit me right now.  Does this mean that Elves can destroy a raised drawbridge?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:58 pm »

If they're building destroyers and the bridge isn't properly moated, then yes.

Voyager

• Bay Watcher
  • Maybe it's supposed to be on fire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 05:02:17 am »

Well, I guess when the Elves show up, I build a wall behind it, and open up the door to the Goblins.

See, while all this has been going on, I managed to piss off the Elves.  Technically I think I managed to rob their traders,  which means that at some point Soon(tm) the Elves will be showing up to besiege me.  Because my back door happens to be 1 Z-level above my stockpiles, and directly overhead, I can't channel down without just openning a door right into the center of my fort.

I guess I build a wall when they get here.  Actually, I think technically what I do is start building the above ground stone housing, with a Z+1 level drawbridge connecting to a constructed ramp.  This time I use raw stone, not stone blocks so it gets done on time.  I'm going to need more stone (ironically enough).

Today's post brought to you by the Letter F.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:06:09 am by Voyager »
Pages: 1 [2]