Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Branding as punishment  (Read 1067 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Branding as punishment
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:19:08 am »

Just read this in the planned changes:

Branding (requires wounds to support art image from crafts)

I already see it:

Borgo Sniffletwigs is a convicted thief. On his forehead there is a branding of a door depicting a throne. On the throne, a chalice is branded with hot iron. On the chalice, there is a picture Fulgo the cook preparing his infamous fly sweetbread stew in 1232. Fulgo is mixing the stew with a wooden stick adorned with rings of hematite and pig tails. The whole image is menacing with moral implications and aura of behavioral correction.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Branding as punishment
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:46:12 am »

I'm so gonna try to get my all my adventures branded on my arms.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:10:08 am »

awesome ^^

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:12:37 am »

I'm imagining a dwarf with "SCAPEGOAT" branded across his forehead after the king wanted a toe ring made out of platinum and chalk.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:25:19 pm »

I'm imagining the same problems inherent in combining the dwarven aesthetic with tattoos.

"This is a finely-made brand of a masterful engraving of an exceptionally-made statue of Reg Cattenrigoth and cheese. Reg Cattenrigoth is surrounded by the cheese. Reg Cattenrigoth is making a plaintive gesture."

Screw beatings, the punishment should be going around with that on your face for the rest of your life. Though if it was finely made, it might give some dwarves good thoughts when this guy walks by, especially if some of them have preferences for brands.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 06:00:44 pm »

This random thought occurred to me while I was reading this thread.
What if we ended up with a Planepacked of brands?
I'd say it'd be pretty damn awesome to have the entire history of the world branded onto your body.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.