Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Revenge on someone who ambushes you?  (Read 826 times)

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
  • Standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
Revenge on someone who ambushes you?
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:29:00 pm »

An ambusher just killed my best adventurer - is there a way to get revenge? They (don't as far as I know) have a fixed camp, but I have researched him on Legends. So I know a lot about him. Thanks!
Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge on someone who ambushes you?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:51:22 pm »

Well you could look for him yourself, chances are that'd take forever though.

You would probably be able to get a quest for killing the dude from a town nearby to where you were killed though, if you happen to remember where that was. You'd probably be able to find where you were killed in your legends page, and then if you go to the [Q]uests page on a new adventurer you can look for the area you were killed from one of the letter tab things from the top right bit heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:00:07 pm »

Ok, thanks! :D

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 10:04:39 pm »

Just to encourage you, this IS possible to do;
Ive revenge-killed many times myself.

But do try to be inventive, just killing will never make you feel like youve accomplished something
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 11:16:36 pm »

In other words, rip their lungs out through their nose's.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 12:40:24 am »

I have a revenge story, but the only reason I was exacting revenge upon this poor guy was because I didn't get to just kill him in the first place.

Way back in the days of .40D, I played a dwarven adventurer, all clad in his steel gear and ready to go. I decided, "Hey, let's massacre that entire human civ over there", as you do.

At any rate, I killed everyone. Except for this one damn swordsman. I never saw the man, but later when my adventurer died to something unrelated, I saw that he had fled the town while I was murdering everyone (In legends mode). I had even killed several large migrating groups, but not this guy.

He had fled to an elven forest retreat and was standing around there, for some reason. Goodness knows why he ran to the elves, but I decided that they needed a bit of genocide too. Made a new character, slaughtered all the elves. Couldn't find this god damn swordsman. Savescummed so I could go into legends mode. The fucker had fled once again. Where now, you ask? The dwarves. My own civ. So, I did what any deranged psycho adventurer (aka, all of them) would do.  I massacred everything in my path.

Down, down, down into the mountainhome I went, killing everyone I found with my mighty axe. Finally, I find the bastard. Sitting there in the king's room. With three crossbowdwarves. I charge in, chop down the king. Bolts bounce off my armour. I slaughter the three crossbowdwarves. The swordsman chooses not to flee this time. He comes running. First swing, and I lose an arm. My shield arm. I return the favour, and all we have are our weapon arms. We take swings at each other, every time doing some horrendous damage to one another. Within a few rounds, we're bleeding out all over the ground. With one swing, he takes my head off, and bleeds to death the next round.

Totally worth it.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 01:42:57 am »

It was worth it just for the story.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 09:13:41 am »

Holy-shit epicness.