Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobles:What to do...  (Read 426 times)

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
Nobles:What to do...
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:17:14 am »

Just as I'm bored, how do all you amazing players out there dispose of those annoying nobles?
I personally am constructing a massive pit over which I am placing a floor, with a hatch in the middle. I place a bed on the hatch, get a lever outside, pull said lever and voila! Chunky noble salsa!
Any flaws with this plan, and should I place their tomb at the bottom of the pit? Is the amusement worth it?

Just asking you clever types out there how you do it!
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles:What to do...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:47 am »

I don't think you can construct a bed on top of a hatch. They're both buildings   :P .

I normally don't dispose of my annoying nobles, but when I do, I use the Arena, train them in Wrestling without any armor, and pit them against hoards of captured gobbos.

... Or, at least that's what I would do, if my newest for had mandate-y nobles yet :P I am preemptively building an Arena.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:28:08 am »

I drop them in the arena, with a full-set of copper weapons and armors, and I put them against werewolves. A lot of werewolves.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:29:49 am »

The mayor changes yearly as my meeting hall is kinda small, so even that guy who mandated large gems didn't bother me much. If someone begs for it however (had a mayor who wanted mountain goat hoof items chain up my only strand extractor once - poor guy almost starved), they usually get a cave in lever treatment. And a slab engraved to remind the next mayor of their predecessors fate.

NSQuote

• Bay Watcher
  • used Confusion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:54:06 am »

Since I tend to embark near volcanos, all I really need is a single retracting bridge to dispose of anything I don't like.