Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's assume I want to visit the carnival...  (Read 952 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Let's assume I want to visit the carnival...
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:25:17 pm »

What would be the best weapon types to bring? What sort of armor/defense do the clowns have? What sort of armor would my dwarves need to be reasonably protected against clown fondling? Lets assume I don't have much cotton candy.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's assume I want to visit the carnival...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:46:52 pm »

Make axes and mail shirts out of it. Make the rest of your armor out of steel and prayer. You need as much coverage as you can get.

Clowns are procedurally generated, much like forgotten beasts. Yes, there will be several different types. Yes, they can have instant-death syndromes. Some may be able to breathe fire, some may have webs, some may have dust attacks. Yes, they can be made out of gases, allowing you to basically kill them in one hit. There will be a random-ish number of them, ranging from (according to the wiki) about ten to over a hundred. Personally, I've always had the hundred or so, with all the death that implies.

You may wish to thin their numbers with a spike corridor before actually sending your military at them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 11:48:46 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:46:12 am »

You might want to wittle down their numbers abit with crossbows. Else you might end up having 20 dwarfs bleeding from melting fat...

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:53:52 am »

One type of clown I faced with my only visit to the carnival exploded in a massive fireball at the slightest hit, immolating all dwarfs in a three or four space radius, so watch out for that.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 02:32:26 am »

You might want to wittle down their numbers abit with crossbows.

with the size of demons, I can't imagine crossbows having much of an affect on them.  Especially since even organic ones that could be reasonably damaged by piercing attacks are immune to pain.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 02:33:25 am »

Organics bleed. Bleeding can kill.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!