Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: At least he's aggressive  (Read 808 times)

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
At least he's aggressive
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:38:43 pm »

Got a perfectly good macedwarf with a bismuth bronze mace in his hand.   He's a level 3 mace guy, level 3 fighter, and level 1 wrestler.

A kobold thief appeared.

The macedwarf ran over to the kobold, bit him on the right thigh, shook him by it, three times, tearing up muscles, arteries, nerves, and tendons all three times, then punched a hole in his brain with his right hand, which is definitely holding a mace, although no mention is made of it ever in the combat log.  The brain-punch killed him, of course, as tends to happen.

If I had a baseball bat and some dude with a silver dagger attacked me, I think that opening with a thigh-bite would be low on my list of options, and if I can line up a solid shot on him, I'm likely to use the end of the bat rather than punch him with my bat-holding fist, although if I could brain-punch as well as dwarves I might reconsider that.

I don't know whether this is a bug or a feature.  On the one hand, I'd like the guy to level his weapon skill, on the other I haven't stopped laughing for five minutes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: At least he's aggressive
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:48:15 pm »

I think creatures will use whatever attack is most effective. The fight probably would have taken longer if he had used his mace.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MacMahoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: At least he's aggressive
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:04:04 pm »

maybe he was just hungry?

but for science we will need to test this. maybe a legless and armless dwarf in a 1x1 room against an edible foe. plump helmet man?