Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deep Space Settlement: space 4x in development  (Read 1386 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deep Space Settlement: space 4x in development
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:20:46 am »

I found this: http://dss.stephanierct.com/

And greatly impressed by the visuals and customisation.

Hopefully they'll pull it off. Pre-order price of $50 is crazy high though.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Space Settlement: space 4x in development
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:50:24 am »

Looked interesting when I found it on greenlight a few months ago, too darned expensive for early access though.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 11:50:55 am »

PTW
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:07:00 pm »

...Trailer's looking cool at least. I'll check back when there's something actually playable
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 12:14:05 pm »

Well now. This looks interesting.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »

Posting to watch as it looks very interesting.

I'm interested how they manage the micro/macro of it, and on what scale it will be. 4x makes me think of dozens/hundreds of planets, whereas this looks like it might be more of an 'RTS with economy'. Both interesting though.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 07:02:13 pm »

I don't see the appeal.  Half the trailer is customizing ships and bases with Spore-style module blobs.  That's cool and all, but not particularly interesting OR innovative for a 4x.  What does this game do that hasn't been done many times before?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 05:02:03 am »

I don't see the appeal.  Half the trailer is customizing ships and bases with Spore-style module blobs.  That's cool and all, but not particularly interesting OR innovative for a 4x.  What does this game do that hasn't been done many times before?

I the main hook is to have the fast paced/indepth fighting of an RTS on a 4x scale, with a lot of customization. As an idea, that sounds cool, but I do wonder how they'll manage to balance the RTS and 4x sides of it without it being either insane on the micromanagement level, or having be played pretty much completely on a 'strategic' screen. 

I'd love to see it pulled off well though.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 07:38:54 am »

has promise, but its up against space engineers at 30 bucks, looksl ike they are trying to limit their sales by raising the price

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 09:34:44 am »

has promise, but its up against space engineers at 30 bucks, looksl ike they are trying to limit their sales by raising the price

I imagine/hope it's that they're keeping the price high for early access so that they only get people who are very keen. I know a few early access games have done that as a way to stop getting lots of people trying it and complaining it's not finished and stuff, whilst still getting an income and reports from people who are very into it.