Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Terrible Nightmares  (Read 5417 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Terrible Nightmares
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 07:42:08 pm »

Strange. I woke to someone jingling keys in my dream, cold sweat and all. How would key jingling scare me awake from inside my dream? It was the same kind of waking up you'd get when you get killed in a dream and get shocked awake.
They don't really have to make sense. Just recently I dreamed that in the wild I hunted and consumed my friend's poodle.
Though you still had the valid fear of being hunted and eaten. I just have something completely random shock me out of a dream...
I'll prepare for if I suddenly have a panic attack due to real keys jingling. Just in case.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 10:42:50 am »

I'm sure the poodle wasn't happy about it, but I had no stress over it.

In your case, I know your mind tends to mix things in dreams, so you could have been having a panic attack while dreaming about jingling keys...the keys didn't set it off, the attack that would've happened anyway did. Like when your dreamy mind turns to erotica, so it puts that tag on whatever you're currently dreaming about, with hilarious results. If that panic attack was staved off for a fraction of a second longer, you could have possibly had a panic attack from hearing the sound of your kitchen's toaster ejecting toast.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2011, 10:48:37 am »

I'm sure the poodle wasn't happy about it, but I had no stress over it.

In your case, I know your mind tends to mix things in dreams, so you could have been having a panic attack while dreaming about jingling keys...the keys didn't set it off, the attack that would've happened anyway did. Like when your dreamy mind turns to erotica, so it puts that tag on whatever you're currently dreaming about, with hilarious results. If that panic attack was staved off for a fraction of a second longer, you could have possibly had a panic attack from hearing the sound of your kitchen's toaster ejecting toast.
Oh. Thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 04:57:29 pm »

I remember when I was smaller, I had this recurring nightmare where I would wake up in my bedroom, walk to the bathroom only for a short, green figure with a black hood to jump out of the hot-press (boiler room, directly opposite the bathroom) and throw fire at me. It always ended with me getting to my bedroom and narrowly missing getting my ass blown off.

Then I learned to lucid dream. The nightmare stopped when I fought back instead of running.

The brain gives us powerful life lessons indeed.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 09:58:56 am »

Fight green hooded men who throw fire.
???
Profit.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 12:22:16 pm »

Think of how stressed the magma furnace dwarves are, they deal with that every time they work.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 07:14:00 am »

Think of how stressed the magma furnace dwarves are, they deal with that every time they work.

I'm pretty sure fire imps arn't green, short and wear black hoods.

MouzurX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 10:15:06 am »

When i'm stressed i always start getting dreams.
Try to avoid being stressed out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]