Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Valentines Day Gift Question Of Mine.  (Read 778 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Valentines Day Gift Question Of Mine.
« on: January 19, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

I need some help with Valentine's day and i know its like a month away. But I’m impatient and I need an answer.
Is it okay to get a girl-who is only your friend(I have like three of these.)-A valentine's day present or does it imply that you have a crush or love for her?
And what would be a good price range?
And what should I do with the gift if one or more of them throws it back into my face?
And uh...What should I get for one of them if I do have a crush on one?
Any other vital question I missed?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Valentines Day Gift Question Of Mine.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »

well you should chocolates for the others but send some flowers to your crush and add something like a invitation to a date.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »

It depends how forthright you'd like to be. If you're planning to ask to go on the date at the same, go with flowers other than roses or daisies. If you're not planning on immediately asking to go on a date but you've got a crush on the person in question, go with daisies.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:09:03 pm »

If you plan on asking her on a date, get some flowers, and ask her in person when you give them to her. At the least you'll show genuine interest, and should be able to get a date based on that, I think.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 05:06:40 am »

1. Which country are you in?

2. If you have a crush on one, you probably shouldn't get anything for the other ones (or, if you did, it should be very obvious that they're differently-ranked gifts--cards vs. chocolate and flowers, or something).  That makes it look like you're trying to keep your options open and just get laid (or something similar), rather than actually looking for a one-on-one relationship.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 01:01:08 pm »

I give Valentines gifts to my single friends, something cheap but not cheap-looking. It makes people feel good to get a gift. Hell one day I got carnations from a lesbian friend.

If someone turns down a gift, don't let it get to you.

Oh yeah, and what would you do if someone gave you a valentine of the same type? There's most of your answers.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale