Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So steel is the best thing* for armor, right?  (Read 1740 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: So steel is the best thing* for armor, right?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 04:38:25 am »

make less hospital zones with chest in it, and classify them.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:59 am »

Isn't 20000 thread 1 1/3 of a piece of cloth?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 06:18:28 am »

I only know 1 thread is 10000 units of thread, so his hospital is hogging 20 pieces right now.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:45 pm »

That's like a 2x3 plot's worth of thread-bearing plant. Not worth worrying about really.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Schmlok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 01:37:33 am »

Oh, it's mainly just an annoyance, unless you needed that handful of silk for your moods, or they go loot the caravan.

It also prevents stocking other items quite often.  So they end up walking across your fort.

Though Reph just fixed that problem for me :)

capt.pantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 04:33:24 pm »

Alright, that is certainly a big step up from what I've been reading on the matter.

People, in general, like complaining. It's one of the reasons that anecdotal evidence isn't usually great to base your whole opinion on.

That said, I've healed-up about 6 dorfs in my hospital, and aside from taking several years to put a cast on one guy, it's been pretty-much smooth-sailing. Read-up on the setup/maintenance, and you'll avoid most of the stuff people are complaining about.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 05:05:27 pm »

Thats why I dont use casts..

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 05:57:13 pm »

I use full leather with steel swords to offset the ease of danger rooms. I just think sword wielding dwarfs are awesome, but that's just me. Cotton candy doesn't make good swords? O.o

If you haven't modded metal armor to fully cover extremities, leather undercoating is essential.

Outside of casts and the occasional thievery, hospitals do what they're supposed to do. Just make sure all soap is stored in the hospital, soap is 90% spam. Although I did have a problem where none of my dwarves rested on the beds, but ah well.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 [2]