Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragons and worldgen?  (Read 579 times)

Karim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragons and worldgen?
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:19:49 pm »

The wiki states that "Dragons are the largest creatures in the game, and grow into their adult size of 25,000,000 after 1000 years"

Does this mean that genning a world at year 200 will yield smaller/weaker dragons?Because that's what I did,and a dragon was easily dispatched with a single spear blow to the head.Will genning a world after 1000 years get me full sized,powerful dragons?

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragons and worldgen?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:33 pm »

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Dragons aren't born in year 0. I browsed through the legends data of my current world with Mason11987's world viewer utility and found out that the dragons i dispatched around year 600 with numerous forts and adventurers were actually all born around year -250. So to get fully grown dragons 750 years of history should be enough (fight them without shields for a challenge  ;)).

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Dragons and worldgen?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:09:31 pm »

you can mod the dragons (in creature_standard.txt) so they grow up in 2 years or so.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.