Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a specific history(want extinct dwarves)  (Read 945 times)

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a specific history(want extinct dwarves)
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »

So I've spent most of the day attempting to create a world that has a few specific qualities. The dwarf population is extinct(but existed at one point!), goblins and humans are still around(don't care about elves), and a fairly late year(400+). Bonus points for lots of titans(100+) and volcanos. I tend to only have one cavern, as well as a lot of space in between it and the surface but that's just icing on the cake.

So far I've tried increasing volcanoism(heard somewhere that that killed population), savagery, and decreasing civilizations. So far I've managed to make elf only worlds, goblin only worlds, and even one dwarf only world, however most of the ones without dwarves are completely without dwarves, as in never existed, which makes fortress mode unplayable.

Ideas?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:31:21 am by Psychobones »

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a specific history
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:25:16 am »

What if you reduced toughness of dwarves, and increased the toughness of goblins and humans in the raws before generation? Just fix them after embark. Or even increase the birth sizes.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a specific history
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:31:04 am »

What if you reduced toughness of dwarves, and increased the toughness of goblins and humans in the raws before generation? Just fix them after embark. Or even increase the birth sizes.

Tried this, 50 worlds later, still no dice. Other ideas? At this point I'd be just happy with a dwarf extinct map.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a specific history(want extinct dwarves)
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:36:24 am »

Wait a second , do you want migrants?
Desu

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:51:10 am »

Reduce dwarf birth rate to 0. Correct after embark?
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:54:00 am »

Wait a second , do you want migrants?

The first two hard coded waves, yes. After that, no. It's simple, I want the dwarves to be extinct, but have existed so I can play fortress mode.

Reduce dwarf birth rate to 0. Correct after embark?

That one I'm not sure how to do. I removed females once but it didn't help.