Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Fortress Running Contests  (Read 561 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Adventurer Fortress Running Contests
« on: January 16, 2011, 01:14:13 am »

I have had the most awesome idea, though I'm not sure if anyone else has already thought of this...

Let's make a Fortress Run game for Adventurers!  By that I mean, not a fortress for Dwarves to live in, but a massive building loaded with traps and machines that challenges the player to find his/her way through it alive, and possibly attempt to get some rare items/artifacts too.  We mod out Invasions, Ambushes and Thieves and mod Dwarves so they don't need sleep, food or drink, then have them build huge structures, fill them with items, traps and monsters (Caged wolves released by lever, anyone?), then abandon them and put the save up for download. People can run the forts and see if they can survive their makers twisted imagination.

The possibilities and combinations of traps and machines would be endless.

And here is my first TRAP SUGGESTION:

To create a room where you must defeat all enemies to proceed without letting the Adventurer simply run through, create a pressure plate at the end hooked up to a bridge. Set the plate to trigger when a monster of the same type as the ones being released walks on it, dropping the floor out from under the cheater. This could either kill him or simply send him back to start, however you want to do it.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Fortress Running Contests
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:24:13 am »

Intresting concept, A thing clsoe to this would be the "Fill up the world" Want me to genrate a random world and Throw it into a file for someone to make a fortress on ((Also, Im a newb still on fortress mode andj ust reacently learned about traps))

Suggestion for a trap! A room With Four Flood gates, Off to the Far corner a cheast filled with richs (Lead, So it stays in same area) Across from the entrence a door

Then three pressure plates to open the floodgates

Un-Avoidable

So they get a choice to try and take all the gold that will slow them down and try to escape through the door ((OPossibly Drown!)), Or forget the gold and secure there own life.

Greedy Vs. Pratical.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:44:24 am »

TRAP SUGGESTION

Make a trap room with colored floors. One color tile is the safe path, another color is full of stone-fall traps. Mod your game so regular traps actually work in Adventure mode or this won't work.

TRAP SUGGESTION

Create a large room of retractable bridges and platforms, all controlled by levers on the platform Adventurer is standing on. For extra vision punch a skylight into it. Place a hostile creature on the other side, which the player must guide to him by pulling the right levers. When the creature reaches the end he triggers a pressure plate, unlocking the door.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:47:01 am »

TRAP I WILL USE:

A massive grid of 1x1 retracting bridges, hooked up to several different repeaters of varying periods, over magma. Will you luck out or will your floor suddenly turn into a fiery pit?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!