Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten beast leaves?  (Read 1238 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Forgotten beast leaves?
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:37:26 pm »

When playing DF today (31.18), I got an uninvited guest in the cave I discovered. That would've probably been lost of Fun, since a) it's a reclaim, meaning that I hardly had any dorfs in the military, b)those that I have hardly train at all, and c) the only thing standing between it and me dorfs was a single stone door.

Now, I got lucky, and it went for some lizard men instead, but when I checked afterwards it was just... gone. It didn't get killed because then it would've shown up on the units page, so I assume it must've left.  Is that normal?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Forgotten beast leaves?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:42:50 pm »

It probably didn't leave, it just wandered into a part of the caverns you haven't explored yet.  Units only show up on the units list if they're in an area that isn't hidden.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

Eh, that's good enough for me. Out of sight , out of mind.
Thanks for the reply though.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 07:52:37 pm »

Forgotten beasts CAN completely leave the map, but they usually come back.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:25:20 pm »

when they are out of sight when they return to sight you will NOT get a new message, meaning you can be surprised, keep an eye out i usually go find them when i don't see them anymore to keep a sneak attack from happening since you can forget about them

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 11:30:34 pm »

Its time to wall it in!
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 04:19:26 am »

I've had this happen; apparently the leech that appeared under my fort swam off to kill some amphibian woman and never came back. I opened access back up into that cavern and set to exploring it, but never found the thing.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."