Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Selling Lots of Stuff  (Read 580 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Selling Lots of Stuff
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:29:59 pm »

Is there anyway to select some extremely high number of items for bring to the depot. Because I really need it. For my 1444 mugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Lots of Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:32:55 pm »

Put them in bins. And take your time manually selecting each and every one of them and hope your dwarves haul them fast enough.

No seriously, even if there were a mod or something like that, the goods would still be separately hauled. Which can take ages if you don't have 100 or so dwarves for the job.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »

Okay, well, is there a way to order my dwarves to put stuff in bins, because they dont seem to like that.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 04:35:52 pm »

Designate a large enough finished goods stockpile, make a lot of bins, wait until your dwarves realize there is stuff to put away.
EDIT: And turn their hauling labors back on if you turned it off for whatever reason.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:46:33 pm »

Alternatively (actually probably in addition to binning items), you'll want a macro made to mass-select items. Go into the trade screen, get your list of mugs up, hit ctrl-r, then alternate ENTER and down sixteen times. Hit ctrl-r again, then ctrl-s, then name your new macro. Now, whenever you want until you exit the game or make or load a different macro, you can hit ctrl-p to make the game run the macro to select an entire page on the "bring items to depot" screen. And, after you exit the game or make or load another macro, you can hit ctrl-l to load your select-the-whole-screen macro. This macro is also useful on the trade screen to select large numbers of things on your side of the bargain without giving away bins.

You might also find it beneficial to go into your dwarf fortress folder/data/init/init.txt, find the line [MACRO_MS:some number], which is near the bottom, and change the number to something very low, like 1. This makes macros run very fast, with the macro described above selecting a whole page faster than you can hit ctrl-p to make it go.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

mushroom_ff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »

Bins are a great help, just make sure you don't have any wooden items in the bins (or wooden bins) when trading with the elves. Unless you don't mind them getting ticked at you.  ;D