Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Neverending battle  (Read 463 times)

Tychocrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Neverending battle
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:04:03 pm »

So I had an ogre wander into my 1st year fort and I immediately sent my lone Hammerdwarf to take care of him.  With his iron hammer he casually bashed her head in....and then did it again.  And again.

I now have 40 some odd pages of this ogre getting her skull crushed yet she will not die.  I drafted everyone else in my fort to help, and they all have 40 pages of punching the ogre in various body parts.  She can't be anything but fleshy pulp by this point.  Every bone in her body is broken.  I can't undraft anyone because they'll all freak out and run down a dead end corridor...

Everybody is getting REALLY thirsty and hungry, it's been a few months of carnage now....is there any way I can finish her off quickly so no one starves to death during this honestly quite troubling blood bath?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neverending battle
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 01:41:33 pm »

I ended up with this exact same problem... 246 pages of trying to kill this ogre that was blocking all civilian access to the fort, and it just wouldn't bleed out or die. That fortress got abandoned.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 02:03:43 pm »

Did you try saving the game exiting df and loading it again? Sometimes creatures stay alive despite having fatal wounds saving/loading might fix it.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »

If you want them to bleed out quicker, send a hunter/marksdwarf, sword dwarf, axe dwarf, or spear dwarf at them.  That will guarantee the creature will end up bleeding and dying.  Blunt weapons are very slow killers especially when the dwarf wielding them are not very strong.

The best way to kill everything is to chop its head off with a sword or axe.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 04:07:30 pm »

makes me think you somehow removed the ogre's brain in the RAWs.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku